- Hi I hope somebody can help me. I am currently waiting for an appointment from a neurologist to come through by my gp. I am a 27 year old woman with rheumatoid arthritis (another autoimmune condition, that affects my joints, connective tissues and can affect the organs). I take chemotherapy injections to kill the cells that cause it, every week. I noticed that about the same time that my RA symptoms started, that I would get very numb, weak and heavy arms and legs. It only happened maybe once a month at first. But recently it's been happening about four times every week. I'm also getting major fatigue, although this could be from the RA. Also I keep getting a bad neck and headaches with facial twitching. My rheumatologist has said that it's not related to my RA. I'm really worried that something else is going on, and have been waiting for nearly two months for an appointment now, so it's stressing me out. Hope everyone isn't having too many problems at the moment, and thanks. x
- —Guest Kel
I have a question?
- I have Systemic Lupus and I have had to have a shunt put into my brain which after almost 2 years I now have to replace and I just had to have Bilateral Optic Nerve Sheath Decompression Which was to save my sight. I was just wondering....I just started having left arm numbing and some of the same sysptoms as you all have....So That leads me to my question.....Do you get ever get MS and Systemic Lupus Mixed up? Just Wondering......Thanks.....
- —Guest MacKenzieLeigh
- I was told at 61 that I have ms, every one telling me I'm to old to just now have MS. I don't know what to think id the MRI and test wrong?
- —Guest marilyn
YOU ALL HAVE LYME DISEASE!!!!
- OMG I am reading a crazy litany of Lyme Disease sufferers going untreated for years. If you are not certain it is MS you NEED TO FIND A LYME LITERATE MD (SPECIALIZES IN LYME!!) AND GET ANTIBIOTICS IMMEDIATELY. Recovery is slow but you should notice a difference within a few weeks!! PLEASE DO NOT GIVE UP AND ASSUME THIS IS MS. Many "MS" Sufferers who die have their brains tested and find active Borrellia Burgdorferi and coinfections in the brain tissue!!!
- —Guest Patty
- iam brian afinalist in my university studies some thing has started to confuse me that is ifeel weak in my legs ,arms and fingers aid me out frds
- —Guest kibalama brian
doctors don't listen
- Hi! I've been to the doctors straight for over 3 years about dizzieness, tiredness etc, then after I had my daughter I got worse, started getting mega back pain, tingling in my legs until my legs went numb and I dropped to the floor while holding my lil one! I dead going to bed because I go mube from the waist down and just about every morning forget and go to stand up but hit the floor, I have random times when my legs dong work. But now it has gone into my hand and sometimes I can't even grip a cup or pen! My doctor did say ms as there may be a link between me and my dad, he had ms all my life! I'm only 21 and as I'm typing this I now have no feeling in my right hand! :( what do you think?
- —Guest tara
Could it be sleep apnea?
- Some responses describe symptoms that seem like sleep apnea to me--dizziness, tiredness, can't think straight or remember well, and especially, falling down a lot. If you snore, get tested. You may not be getting enough oxygen in your sleep.
- —Guest guest Lee
- i think there is a good possibility that it could be anxiety disorder i thought it was ms too because alot of people in my family have it but turns out it was anxiety disorder
- —Guest chris
worried i might have ms
- Im worried i might have MS.Over the past 2 years ive been getting strange symptoms which are gradually getting worse.Muscle and joint pain,vertigo,days where im so tired i cant lift my head,heart papitations,twitching in diferent parts of body,numbness sensation especially in my facial area,burning sensations on my legs.Ive not told anyone and tried to just get on with it but its really starting to worry me.im english but live in portugal and the doctors here are not the best.what should i do?thanks
- —Guest taz 1972
- Oh my...I read what ya all are going thru and I think My god that sounds like me. I was always led to believe that MS makes you into a freak in a wheelchair, drooling, etc. And I say No that's not me. My nerve pains are random and throb anywhere at anytime and sometimes quite hard in one place and then I get a bruise. Doctors liked to give me perocets and top of the flexerils, tramadol (I take those everyday), I think one would have given me oxyies if I had asked. But no one until here in NC have tried to find out why I have pains. VA gives drugs.
- —Guest Debbie
Don't know what it is
- I have been experiencing total body numbness/at times, other but most times my body feels weak ( like when your leg falls alssep and you try to walk on it but it's too weak) I feel that all over my body. I can walk and dO daily things but becomes hard. At night I experience tingly/numbness/pins and needles. Sometimes every where, just in the left or right arm. Last night it was my R side of the body. I've never experienced being not able to move. I've been to the doctor she's puzzled. I have an apt with a nuro that I seen last year for being off balance. But that went away. A little frightened. Does anyone know what this could be ? My Doctor is ordering an MRI for me.
- —Guest Courtney
Undiagnosed but all symptoms
- After many years of Dr. visits, hospitalizations, & pure misery to function in daily life, I believe my neuro needs to be informed of ALL my symptoms through the years & I need to just be honest & not feel like a hypochondriac. Am really interested in the correlation of travel or flying having a severe impact on my symptoms. I used to travel on business & pleasure frequently. The last years have become a nightmare when I'm forced to travel. I have no fear of flying, but require wheelchair assistance at all airports. I become extremely fatigued after a flight no matter the distance. Even keeping my legs elevated & taking diuretics does not prevent extreme swelling in my limbs. I am so short of breath I end up staying in the hotel 90% of the time also due to fatigue that doesn't go away. I'm 45 & am missing out on my family everyday. Does anyone else experience the swelling & 24/7 fatigue after traveling? Even after returning home it takes weeks to recover. Can u advise??
- —Guest Wendy
- i have been having joint pain for over 2 years now. i have been told i haveand arthritis in my one knee but cannot stand on either for long if i sit or stand my feet ache some days i could dye for sleep
- —Guest lynn
- I was a football referee and half an hour in to a match I began to stumble with a weakness in my left leg.Doctor sent me to see neuro and after 18months was diagnosed with primarry ms.Am taking 5000iu vitamin d3 and 10ml hemp oil per day. Seems to improve walking.
- —Guest Peter
mri refused because of age 54
- I have tremors in arms, had dead weight legs which wouldn't lift over a step,cold feeling rushing up through my legs to chest, pins needles, memory was bad, numbness in face, blurry eye,walking funny, very difficult to turn over in bed due to body being dead weight, iching all over especially head,stiff neck, swallowing,jelly legs, fatigue, sometimes have that water sensation on body parts, stagger, hot spots, numb body parts, all symtons subsided apart from pins needles stabbing pains numbness in face and tremor. Went to see Neuro more or less only tested reflexes Mri wasn't offered so I asked for one and told because of my age there would be no point as there would be marks gathered over the years and would be hard to tell apart. Should I still push for an Mri
- —Guest Kathleen