- I came off SoluMedrol 1000mg IV daily for 5 days with no taper. It was like being pushed over a cliff! I hadn't had the SoluMedrol for 13 years. I feel this was from stress related brought on by a puppy I purchased from a pet store in May and told he was not from a puppy mill, anyway he had been very ill, I almost lost him a couple of times. I had the usual side effects, I was up every AM at 3:30, I did that for 4 days then called my N.P. she gave me Ambien CR the low dose and it worked like a champ! My question is does the SoluMedrol cause blurry vision even after a week, has any-one expierenced this, does it go away? I have old optic neuritis in my left eye, basically blind in that eye.
- yes its true you gain pound after pound until i found that having your doctor giving u a fluid pill kept my weight the same i start the pill three days before and stop about two weeks after treatment with the sol-medrol i didn't gain one more pound after starting that treatment but the flip side of the coin the weight i did gain before getting that boost of the fuild pill took a long time and diet changes and a reg exrcise to take off the pounds i was able to keep my self from gaining souly with the fluid pill but needed that diet change to take anything off so far i have drop 25 pounds
- —Guest Bill
solumedrol two times
- First time with sol, had a bad reaction.5 day infusion,I was told I would feel great and would probably need something for sleep,I was told I would have so much energy,I was already the energizer bunnie,didn't need help with tha.,So the outcome was .I slept for five weeks.I wasn't working ,i seemed a little depressed and i think that was the problem. I have just finished3 days of sol. thay dropped the last two days because of the effects the last time,i work about 9 hr days and feel great this time, i really believe its the state if mind you in,so far so good,we will see what tomorrow brings. Goos luck to all of us whom have to take this drug .MASY GOD BLESS US.I have a request for all of us, my sister in - law was diagnosed withe acute myloid lukemiia 8 yrs ago at the age or 28 if it wasn't for her being so positive she would not be here at all, just remember there is always someone worse off than you ,she has been put thru royal hell and never complains about a thing.
- —Guest candi
When should symptoms go away
- I first had this treatment several years ago and remember the symptomology disipating rather quickly. However, I have completed 5 days of solumedrol and am in more pain that when the burning in my leg started. Any advice on when this should ease up? I get discouraged and scared very easily and discuss this part of my life with nobody. On some level it truly embarasses me why? Please help.
- —Guest Lola
- i'm not seeing this topic addressed and i'm beginning to worry.... first, i HATE solu-medrol/Medrol....they are AWFUL...had my first 5 day trmt this year (instead of 3 day trmts) and i liked to have DIED....i've never been so sick.... also this year, and i really don't know where this is coming from so i'm exploring all avenues....gained 60 pounds. i eat approx 1500 calories a day. to maintain my weight, if i went lying in bed all day, would take 2400 calories. i've MAYBE lost four pounds in four months!!! not fair!! so i'm not gaining anymore....i think it was the huge doses of neurontin i was taking that did that...but i can't scrape a pound of fat off with a carving knife! have heard there can be LONG term (like 12 months) side effects from SoluMedrol...anybody have this problem? anybody notice they got fatter or just couldn't lose weight to save their lives for a LONG time after getting off of it?? would love u forever if you can contribute!! (firstname.lastname@example.org)!
- I've had MS for over 40 years. I am currently taking solu-medrol for recovery from optic neuritis that happened October 2008. I'm taking one infusion a month for 6 months to help with inflamation. Here are my tips: (a) take the drip slowly -- 1 1/2 - 2 hours; (b) eat throughout the drip -- foods high in potassium and lean protein (tomatoes, bananas, turkey, high protein low cal/carb peanut butter -- "Naturally More" is a good one to try) and snack on unsalted nuts like almonds; (c) drink water before, during and after the infusion -- it helps to flush the excess out more quickly and reduces the amount of bloat/weight gain (you'll have to use the bathroom a lot); (d) use benefiber to help with constipation (use this all the time -- it is odorless, colorless and tasteless and can be used in hot or cold foods and drinks); (e) a heating pad placed over the arm during the infusion is soothing. Hope this is helpful.
- —Guest Lu
FORGOT TO SAY THIS,...
- ON TOP OF ALL THE OTHER SIDES EFECTS, LIKE SWEATING LIKE A WORKMAN WHO DRILL IN THE STREETS, I ALSO HAD VERY VERY HIGHT BLOOD PRESSURE. I THOUGHT I WAS DYING!!! 100/115. PRETTY SCARY. BUT NOW...AFTER STOPPING SOLU-M., I SEEM TO BE BACK TO KIND OF NORMAL. DON'T BE SCARED. IT SEEMS TO BE NORMAL. AND...DID I EVER WENT TO PIPI ALL NIGHT LONG! THOUGHT I WAS LOOSING ALL MY BODY LIQUID. I HOPE THIS WILL PASS AS I STILL HAS THIS. BUT HANG IN THERE....I FEEL A LITTLE STRONGER AND...AGAIN I GAINED SOME 4 POUNDS AFTER LOOSING 25 POUNDS! I STARTED EATING KIND OF EATING NORMALLY AGAIN. BEFORE...I WAS NOT ABLE TO EAT. TKS FOR SHARING YOUR THOUGHTS WITH ME. IT REALLY HELPS REALIZING WE ARENOT ALONE IN THIS PREDICAMENT. GOD BLESS U ALL.
- —Guest LOUISE
???? MS AND SOLUMEDROL
- SOLUMEDROL IS A STEROID IF I AM NOT MISTAKEN. HAD TAKEN SHOTS FOR A WHOLE WEEK. I THOUGHT MY HEAD WOULD BREAK SO MUCH I HAD HEADACHES. I TOOK TYLENOL. IT HELPED. THEN,OH WOW! CANNOT SLEEP WITH EVEN 2 SLEEPING PILLS. I WAS SO WEEK BEFORE TAKING THIS SOLUMEDROL. AT LEAST THE PAIN SERVED SOMETHING...I GAINED 3 POUNDS. I GUESS WHEN WE TRY THIS....WE JUST TRY GETTING BETTER. WE TRY IN THE HOPE IT WILL HELP. I TAKE LOTS OF CALCIUM PLUS 1000 Vitamin D TO HELP MY BONES. I SUFFER FROM MS TOO. NEXT MONTH I WILL TRY TYSABRI TO STOP OTHER RELAPSES. WILL IT HELP? NOTHING TO LOSE. I WILL TRY, I GUESS BEST THING TO DO IS CRY WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE IT. DON'T PLAY TOUGH ON YOURSELF. CRYING HELPS RELEIVE ANXIETY. I ALSO TOOK ANXIETY PILLS. NOW...I WILL GET ANOTHER SLEEPING PILLS ( WILL BE MY THIRND ONE AS I JUST GOT UP AFTER WAITING 2 HOURS AFTER TAKING 2 ! I HAVE TO SLEEP. WHAT THE HECK...I WILL TRY MY BEST! GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND GOD BLESS.
- —Guest LOUISE
I feel almost normal!
- I have had MS doctors guess~timates 28 years, was diagnosed in 2000. I have found that when I eat 3 squares per day and drink at least 24 ~ 30 oz. of water daily (it's like a job) I am a lot better than when I eat junk food / sugar or salty and drink carbonated fluids. I don't drink coffee but drink heated jello, and hot chocolate. But I bulk up & super hydrate when I schedule 500 ~1000 MEDROL every 2 weeks. I do the full gram bi weekly in the summer as it allows me to be the best I can be on a daily basis. Doctor says it's all experimental, so if it works for me ~~he will write the order, as I keep a journal. I also keep tabs on the yeast in mu body, the extra fluids keeps my urine smell free, and my medication does what it is prescribed for. My balance is amazing thanks to a hypnotist. My biggest downfall is I love being active & sometimes I get too much sun... so I back off for a few hours. My Nucca chiropractor says.... "If your back is in alinement, there is no MS!"
- —Guest Pepsi54
I do not like SoluMedrol
- I am a mess when on this drug. I cry at everything even commercials, or I am a raving bitch, I can't sleep, I am constipated but gassy, I am so bloated that my fat pants are tight. I brake out in an acne rash. I look like a teenager that works at Burger King. I am ether really hungry or sick to my stomach and my taste bubs are all out of wack. But the best thing to help some of the side effects is take Claritin all throughout treatment and Zantic. Also, get an stool softener. Take it when you get home. About an hour later it helps move things along but you are not in the bathroom all night ether. It helps a lot. It mild's some of the symptoms of the drug. A nurse told me to do that and it works.
- —Guest whatever
- Ihad SM for 1 wk intraveniously & then 1 wk on the pills. This was not my 1st time getting it. what did i think of it? personally for me, a waste of time, money etc. there has been no chg whatsoever in my treatment. I got all the side effects mentioned & i will not have it again, no ifs ands or buts about it!!
- —Guest email@example.com
Is it safe to have infusions many times?
- I have had three solumedrol infusions (1 per month for past 3 months). After each one I am able to walk without triping and have much more stamina, vision much better, etc. However, my neurologist feels that the risks from having any more than 3 sucessive infusions is too great (liver, bone damage, etc.). I am off of the infusions right now for several months. I am amazed at the people who have taken it for years have not seen any damage to liver, bones??
- Would like to know if anyone gets major tingling in their legs a few days after treatment. Being treated for TM at T-4. Didn't have that before treatment Thanks
- —Guest Paula
- taking monthly solu-medrol infusion for 8 years.............sleep great with Tylenol PM. Hiccups intermittently for 24 hours. Face flushing (sunburn) for several days
- dx 3 wks ago. 1st solumedrol treatment 1gm over 2 hrs. x 5 days. feeling bad on 4th day and continued to get worse. tried to taper on 6th day but unable to keep food down . really bad headaches unable to sleep then terrible stomache pains and feeling like i couldnt breathe. went to urgent care was told predisone would make my stomache hurt more.given mylanta and rx for antacid. then the diarrhea started and the weakness became even worse. have not been able to return to work and dont know when i will. it has been 4 days since my last treatment and am barlely functioning. I WISH THE DR WOULD HAVE WARNED ME. i probably will not take any more treatment till i start to get worse. my symptoms were not that bad . treatment really is worse than the problem.
- —Guest sherry