We all have a story about the multiple sclerosis (MS) symptoms that resulted in our diagnosis. Share yours here and learn about the experiences of others. Share with Others
for brin infection
- Sir last 7 year my left leg are not working,7year ago i suffering from brain infection pls tell me any medison or exercise
- —Guest rajkumar
Please try marine phytoplankton
- I have had a lot of the symptoms mentioned here and gotten the all-clear from doctors. However, the symptoms still continue but I started taking marine phytoplankton (the liquid form - please Google for the best brand to use). My symptoms haven't gotten worse but improved and disappeared for days sometimes. I also find all the symptoms return as soon as I take any sugar. God bless and protect you all. Try phytoplankton and see if it helps any of you. It's supposed to have all the nutrients the body needs to heal itself.
- —Guest Kate
blind in 1 eye
- i was diagnosed with m.s 19 years ago after waking up one morning blind in my right eye.
i went to my doctor who didnt have a clue so he sent me to the hospital.after numerous tests that night he said it was some kind od sclerosis.... after a lumber punture and an M.R.I scan they confirmed it was m.s.
- —Guest rick
- I had numbness in my hands in 2005 and was told it was ulna nerve damage. After an ulna nerve release operation ( didn't work) I started getting numbness all over. I was diagnosed with idiopathic hyposomnia (fatigue or narcolepsy ) I had brain scans showing lesions but was told that no diagnosis till I lost weight (at the time I was 26stone) I started losing weight in 2008 and since then I have fallen over more times than I care to remember and broke several ribs. I had numbness in my face one Friday my face dropped and I was slurring my speech and my pupils were small and not dilating. My doctor thought that it was a mini stroke but after all the tests I was told it wasn't (much to my relief as my mum had a massive cerable haemorrhage at 47 I'm 46) however he found demilination and urgently requested I see a neurologist. As you do it online I have chosen a different hospital and doctor and hopefully I can get the proper diagnosis. ( I haven't listed all my symptoms there's many more)
- —Guest Myfivekids7
Trigeminal neuralgia (cont'd)
- After 3 wks continueous right face pain along my gums, top and bottom, it went away. Prescribed Gapapentin taking 1 when needed. Had a head MRI & told it was normal. 1 yr later, I have a slew of symptoms to where I have walking and mobility issues. After researching trigeminal neurolgia, have come to believe I have MS & have for yrs, for I have 18 of the 19 symptoms. Have the referral to a Neurologist in 2 days. Getting ready, I am putting together a list of all the symptoms and their timeframe. It's weird because some of the pain comes and goes. It might last for months, but when it goes away, another new pain starts. Now, I have numbing hands and feet, edema, pain in lower/upper back, neck, all muscles and joints from the waist down, add the face pain. Blood test show loss of kidney function for 2 yrs. While working I get hot, sweat, nausea, and have to lay down to compose myself. After working 3 hrs, it's all I can do to walk to my car, get home & lay down. Will post updates.
- —Guest Ethel (57)
- I woke one Saturday morning to the worse pain I have ever experienced in the right side of my face. It felt like a butcher knife was stabbing me in the jaw... I thought it was a toothache. The pain lasted the entire weekend 24/7. I saw my Dentist on Monday and. They thought maybe I needed a crown for a heavily filled tooth, so they prepped the tooth, ordered the crown, and placed a temporary crown on it. The pain continued, went back to the Dentist and they readjusted the tempory crown. The pain continued and I aked for pain pills, which I had to fight them to get. The medicine; a heavy narcotic didn't help. After 9 days of severe pain 24/7, without food and sleep, I returned to the Dentist, who made a referral to a specialist. Meanwhile, I thought they had caused it and I went to a 2nd dentist who couldn't find anything wrong, put a different temp crown on and referred me to the same specialist. The specialist recommended a Neurologist. I was in shock.
- —Guest Ethel (57)
- In oct. I had " stroke". Have numbness, memory problems, balance issues. Confusion, shaking spells when I get tired. Went to a neurologist and was told I didn't have a stroke and in my MRI's I had lesions. However I was told it was only white matter disease. Then the dr told me my problems was only stress!!! The dr was at Vanderbilt. I expected better diagnosis. I want another opinion. I think the dr thinks nothing is wrong. I beg to differ! I know my body. I even get "shocked" mostly on the right side of my tongue. I'm so flustered. Anyone else have any of the same symptoms and has been dx with ms?
- —Guest Greta ford
16 years - no diagnosis
- At age 32 was in peak physical condition and running 3 miles daily. Sudden onset of severe fatigue, neurogenic bladder, loss of orgasm reflex, twitching, burning and occasional numbness in feet and hands. Also ocular migraines on occasion. Was told fibro, but I'm not buying it. Testing to begin soon... I too was given Zoloft, sent to psychiatrists, etc. I'm sick of "looking fine" but feeling awful. Pray for me that I get a diagnosis. I waje in the mornings very spastic and in a lot of pain. A diagnosis would at least explain why i must strain to empty my bladder! My neck is currently like stone, and it sends painful stabs into my jaw and head. I also have to be careful when eating or drinking, because my muscles in the throat and chest often "lock up". This thing has robbed me of my young adulthood. My first MRI at onset was negative, but I KNOW there's an inflammatory process at work -- stress and heat exacerbate everything. God be with you all.
- —Guest Reerob
- Tingling lips, arms, legs, and various spots on my scalp and stomache. Left eye pain, migraines, severe vertigo and dizziness,chronic fatigue, i mix up my words and cant think straight, hand tremors,muscle aches and tics, muscle spasms, sleep problems, bladder and bowel issues, tinnitis, and many more. I see the neuro in a week to get my mri results. Am so sick of feeling this way. I just want to b myself again
- —Guest kat
RE: What's My Next Step?
- Hi Tami,
I have the same symptoms as you describe, and have had Lyme Disease for over 20 years, and suspected MS. There is a link (although not widely known) with the Borellia bacteria and MS, as spirochetes have been found in the spinal fluid of people with MS. I would recommend the websites www.credence.org and www.mercola.com both websites give very good information and advice
- —Guest Jo
- I am experiencing the same symptoms as many of you. I have a particularly difficult time with the fatigue and I am so dizzy most of the time that I feel drugged. Numbness and pain in mid back. pain in lower back, burning spots in legs, foot numbness and cramping bad. Every doctor i go to seems to just think I'm a hypocondiac. Not sure what I should do at this point.
- —Guest Stephanie Piller
- I have never felt so out of control in my life. Doctor after doctor tests beyond, and yet still one possible question with a few of my lesions...I have 3 MS diagnosis from neurologist's. I have been on copaxan since Sept. of 2011. I decided I have one choice if i'm going to live my life remotely the way I once did, was to get involved. I changed doctors as I heard this group was a great and much closer to my house. This one is not so sure all lesions are from MS hmmm they look like MS but she still has questions "why". I'm sure most of you deal with vision problems. As I write this I have lost my train of thought three times. My left side is throbbing so badly I pulled up the weather channel to see what was in our future as I just learned in this past storm snow effects me terrible and sure enough SNOW really. "Is the heat not enough". This is all new to me, why do they not have this down, when each post I read I can relate to. Good luck all I hope I remember this site lol.
Is this MS ? Juniper
- I think you have Complex Regional Pain Syndrome which can come on with back surgery
- —Guest Raymondo
theres no answer
- Hi I'm 14 yrs old and I'm expierencinq So much pain I went to the hospital a month ago because my left arm legs my fingers tingles numbnes also of my toes my joints headaches! & throw ups also I was feelinq extremly weak I hace dance clas and gyn every singleday and that's how I noticed I felt diffrent becuz I wanted to do things but it wouldn't let me of all this pain docters daid its just stres but leterially Im no t stressed I need an answer I can't feal with this pain anymore!:(
- —Guest lyn
whats wrong with me
- have headaches and leg pain, numbness in the left arm, sometimes I get angry and frustrated and cant deal with the outside world, back pain, had a wonderful sex drive but now its like I could careless but my husband aint having it, I have gained weight, dizzy..sometimes when I am sitting in the chair, I can sleep for hours and get up and I am still tired its like i cant get enough sleep, the back of my neck hurts when I hold my head down..can somebody help me, what do I do just go to the doctor and say hey listen I think something is wrong with me!
- —Guest shaquita