1. Health
Julie  Stachowiak, Ph.D.

Have You Tried Acthar Gel for an MS Relapse?

By September 30, 2011

I'm kind of amazed that this one has escaped my attention until now. I thought that I knew the list of treatments for multiple sclerosis relapses, the choices being: Solu-Medrol (usually), plasma exchange (for severe cases that are not responding to Solu-Medrol) or intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG), which is very rarely used.

Acthar Gel, aka adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH), is a new one to me. When I first saw this article, Acthar Gel Prescriptions on the Rise, I assumed that it was something that was being used off-label for MS relapses. A little research revealed that it was FDA-approved specifically for treating MS relapses in 1978.

Apparently, there was a period when it was difficult to get in the US, but now it is more readily available.

Acthar Gel is recommended for people who have not responded to or cannot tolerate Solu-Medrol, or for people whose veins cannot handle infusions (Acthar is administered by intramuscular injection for a couple of weeks, usually by the patient).

I do intend to look into this drug a little more, but am interested to know from any of you: Has your neurologist ever recommended Acthar Gel? Have you ever tried it? What was it like? What else can you tell us about your experience with Acthar Gel? Please share with us in the comment section below.

Comments
September 30, 2011 at 7:15 pm
(1) Holly Blomberg says:

The reading that I’ve done on ACTH as a treatment modality suggests that it was used in the 1970′s but abandoned by the 1980′s because methylprednisolone was more effective. An example of research on point: Snyder et al., ACTH-induced cortisol production in multiple sclerosis, Annals of Neurology
Volume 10, Issue 4, pages 388Ė389, October 1981.

October 1, 2011 at 10:07 am
(2) lynn says:

I second Holly’s reply. i have not used ACTH. I was diagnosed on 2004, i meet a neighbor(i didn’t know him before he lived a few streets away) with MS for 40 years. He was the one who told me about living with MS. I had to do IV steroids for the first time. i was not happy about the side affects. He told me BEFORE they used steroids they used ACTH and it worked phenomenal for him. He said he had gone into the hospital with a w/c and walked out after ACTH. He told me they had switched from ACTH to steroids because of some kind of worse side affect that ACTH had & steroids didn’t?

October 3, 2011 at 8:47 am
(3) Jen says:

I had an allergic reaction to Solumedrol, so my doctor prescribed Acthar Gel. This was roughly two years ago. My memory has faded about that time, but all I remember is that it took me out of my relapse, but with no “amazing” results, and that it caused me to gain 1 pound per day! which I wasn’t happy about.

I remember thinking, I don’t care if I have another relapse; I’m not taking any kind of steroids!

October 3, 2011 at 1:08 pm
(4) Lynn says:

I was diagnosed in 1983. At that time, whenever I had an exacerbation which was usually twice a year, I was admitted to the hospital for a 10 day regime of ACTH. That consisted of injections every day, although I do not remember if it was intramuscular or intravenous…I was usually very sick and suffered from severe double vision among other things. But I do remember it was my drug of choice because after about five days, my symptoms were totally gone, and I walked out of the hospital as if nothing was wrong with me at the end of my treatment.
I do know that the list of contraindications were a mile long for ACTH, and that it was a heavy duty steroid. But I have often wished there was a treatment that worked as good for me as ACTH did!

October 3, 2011 at 6:24 pm
(5) Kathleen says:

I was on ACTH when I was first diagnosed in 1983. I really don’t what it did (or was supposed to do or me) as I as not having an exascerbation at that time. It wasn’t until about 12 years later that my Nuero began me on Avonex (which I regret ). I asked the Nuero about ACTH and she told me “they don’t make it anymore” Never went back to her. I have a new Dr and will inquire further about this.

October 3, 2011 at 8:15 pm
(6) Sophia says:

I used acth recently after having some trouble with steroids. The brand name is called ACTHAR. The nurse told me it works differently than steroids. I did feel much better after being on it for a few days. It is expensive but my insurance covered all of it.

October 3, 2011 at 11:12 pm
(7) Deb says:

In 1978 I was, after several years of symptoms, diagnosed with MS. In December of that year I had a very bad exascerbation and was unable to walk more than 4 feet. I received a prescription for oral prednisone…80 mg/day for 10 days. I showed no improvement. My neurologist admitted me to hospital for 7 days of intravenous ACTH. I walked out of the hospital when the 7 days were up. It was a miracle. The only side effects were a little(less than 5 pounds) weight gain, and a tendency to be more emotional than usual i.e. laughing or crying. Nothing has ever made me feel as restored as ACTH. BTW: I am still walking with only a cane.

October 5, 2011 at 5:37 pm
(8) JACKIE says:

HI DEB,
I WAS DIAGNOSED IN 1977. I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU FURTHER ABOUT ACTH THEREPY. THE LAST COUPLE OF SOLU MEDROL TREATMENTS THAT I’VE TAKEN WERE A WASTE OF TIME. CAN WE TALK?

October 5, 2011 at 12:31 pm
(9) Laurie says:

Wow, thank you Julie and thanks to all of you who left comments. I have never heard of ACTH and am happy to know there is another choice out there if my monthly IVIG treatments stop working.

October 5, 2011 at 1:09 pm
(10) Chuck says:

I was diagnosed on my Birthday in 1980. My intro to ms included paralysis of my entire body below my neck. The doctors at UCLA said they were going to try ACTH injections to try to pull me into a remission. 2 days after starting the med I was able to move my toes! From then on I kept getting stronger to where I was able to walk with a walker. I am now 30+ years in this disease and can still walk without aid. I have other symptoms(bladder, fatigue, blurred vision, balance) but none that will stop me from having a great life. I can still travel and work part-time and take care of my 3 dogs. I thank ACTH and the MD’s at UCLA for taking the chance and giving me back my life.

October 5, 2011 at 1:55 pm
(11) Tom Foster says:

My wife has used Acthar 3 times, last time was for a 10 day period. Initially she improved better than the steriod infusion, but she has been in the relapse from hell for the last 6 to 8 months.
I think it has helped her more than the steriod infusion but the Neuro is really running out of ideas and he is pretty good.

October 5, 2011 at 4:00 pm
(12) Jon Ward says:

My oldest daughter was diagnosed with MS in July 2009. The first things her nurologist did was have her infused with Solumedrol five consecutive days followed by an oral steriod in decreasing dosage for the next 10 days. As a result(?) her blood sugar went to nearly 500 and she was confined by court order to a behavioral hospital for 72 hours because she started acting irrationally and exhibited actions that might result in self harm. Since that time she has taken insulin up to 3 times daily. This summer (July) her nurologist perscribed 5 consecutive injections of Acthar Gel followed by once/month 1ml injections. (Her insurance is paying over $29,000 for 5ml.) Her blood sugar does increase beyond what has become normal for her but with insulin it has never gone higher than 180. She will have her first MRI since starting the Achthar Gel in November 2011.

October 5, 2011 at 11:01 pm
(13) Jutta Green says:

I was put on ACTH in the late 80′s and remember going into a Psychosis because the dosage was to high. Never again.

October 6, 2011 at 9:07 pm
(14) imdhreeves says:

As a Diabetic I had a weight gain of 30 lbs, became a hungry bitchy couch potato, and my blood sugars were in the 300s. High Normal for a diabetic is less than 140 when well controlled. I could not see clearly when my blood sugar was so high. So I am very glad to hear that there is another treatment. That was from an IV steroids over only 5 days. The bad effects lasted weeks. I’m still dealing 10 lbs of the weight gain more than a year later.

October 10, 2011 at 12:41 am
(15) Nancy D says:

I was given ACTH by IV over three days (I believe) three times during the 1980′s. I remember they called it their “Silver Bullet” and I thought it was miracle stuff. Each time my exacerbations would be very much improved even before the end of the three days and I remember it gave me such energy. The last time I had it was before starting Avonex in 1996. I have done well on Avonex and only have had about three bad exacerbations. With those I had IV Solumedrol and never felt as improved as I had with ACTH. Having MS for 36 years now I don’t have the “attacks” just the chronic progression. They have not officially diagnosed me as SP but I feel my symptoms fit that scenario. The last time I asked to try a three day IV of Solumedrol I hoped it would just help me feel better in general (more energy). It did not. Instead I felt very hyper and emotional. I couldn’t sleep and about 4 days after (there was no oral med given afterward) I had my first experience of what I call “meltdown”. During Thanksgiving I simply stopped being able to function. Couldn’t walk or control functions. I had to send everyone home and go to bed. After a few days I was better but never quite the same. I did some research and asked my neuro about ACTH and he said it’s not used anymore. I have a hunch that the cost of ACTH became much higher than Solumedrol during the 90′s and therefore wasn’t prescribed. I plan to look into it’s availability now since it does appear it’s is still out there.

October 16, 2011 at 3:42 pm
(16) Linda says:

About six weeks ago I used Acthar Gel for the first time. It worked great! My walking and vision improved noticeably. I previously had used both solumedrol and prednisone. Acthal Gel worked as well as the solumedrol for results.

November 13, 2011 at 11:10 pm
(17) robin says:

I have been living with MS for 14 years. Just finished a 5 day course of acthar gel 2 days ago. i can not tolerate solu medrol so we tried this to deal with terrible pain and weakness in my left side. My MS symptoms are actually worse than they were before starting the med and the side effects I am still experiencing have been traumatic. Increased blood pressure, extreme water retention, dizziness, difficulty voiding, rapid heart rate, insomnia, muscle pain, exhaustion and ofcourse emotional lability. I am hopefull that once the side effects of the acthar go away my MS symptoms will also start to improve, but it’s been a terrible week on this medication. My insurance co was charged $26,000. My co-payment was almost $2,000. It was not worth it the money or the side effects

December 9, 2011 at 1:51 am
(18) fiona3012 says:

I was diagnosed in 1981 in Boston and did not respond well to prednisone in tablet form. I subsequently used ACTH injections for over a year, several times a week, as I recall. This was along with B12 injections twice a week.

It certainly settled the symptoms down and got me functioning again. Methylprednisolone is much more effective, for me, and not nearly as invasive and painful as the ACTH injections.

Sorry if some of the drug names are different, I now live in Australia- we are coming into the hot summer!

December 9, 2011 at 1:56 am
(19) Fiona3012 says:

Sorry, meant to add – it’s intramuscular and daunting to do yourself, as the thigh is the only area.

Me belief is that it produces extra adrenalin – I know I was quite mad on it but it did help the physical symptoms.

January 11, 2012 at 6:14 pm
(20) AlitaP says:

I just starting using Acthar Gel to mitigate any MS rebound effect after I decided to stop taking Tysabri. Apparently, some MS patients have experienced a rebound effect resulting in their MS symptoms coming back with a vengeance after stopping Tysabri. I will also go back on Copaxone. Copaxone was not as effective as Tysabri for controlling my MS, yet with an positive JC virus antibody test and the length of time on Tysabri (3.5 years), it is best to stop the drug (for me) because of the higher risk for Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy (PML), a rare brain virus caused by the JC virus that does not have a cure and often causes either death or severe disability. Although Acthar Gel must be injected, it does not hurt at all, and I have taken three other disease-modifying drugs that required injection, so I am an old pro these days. I did notice my blood pressure elevated, and I experienced a very mild headache that lasted for about 15 minutes after injecting the medicine. The headache went away without taking any pain meds. In addition, I made some dietary changes. I increased my potassium by eating more bananas, lowered my salt intake, increased by electrolyte intake (Gaterade), and am watching my calories. My neurologist states he prefers Acthar Gel over Solu-Medrol.

March 14, 2012 at 12:47 pm
(21) Diane says:

I used Acthar for 2 years every other month was a two-week injection schedule. I was put on it because I had such bad reactions to the standard therapies. During that time, I would gain up to 10lbs per injection cycle and had brutal blistering and painful acne. This medicine was billed to my insurance at $53k for two vials. No joke. I have the paperwork to prove it. Not only that, it was generally shipped via UPS who would occasionally lose or have delayed delivery issues making the medicine unusable. During my two years of use, my MS continued to get worse. I had 3-5 attacks per year. I would beg my doctor for anything else and she would just leave me on it. While I did not have good experiences from ACTH Therapy, I am sure there are people out there that worship it. I think it’s a scam that they can charge that kind of money for medicines. For the doctor to hold out for two years with my results tells me there was some kind of kickback going on.

March 14, 2012 at 1:56 pm
(22) Leslie says:

I had a severe relapse two, almost three, summers ago. I woke up one morning and my left leg did not want to go with the rest of my body. My Neuro put me on 14 days of acthar gel shots and I was back to walking as normal within 2 days. I will agree there are some side affects (the insomnia and thrush in my mouth were the worst), but I was so grateful to be walking again. Sometimes we have to take the good with the bad.

March 14, 2012 at 3:17 pm
(23) Jennifer says:

Just finished 5 day course of Acthar. Not for a relapse per se, but for a chronic pain situation that has not responded to much of anything.
My Neuro has seen chronic symptoms improve with Acthar.
Pesonally, I felt emotionally/physically great after 2nd day. Still having neuropathic pain issue, can’t say that it has improved a significant amount.
Hopefully it will have more staying power than Solu Medrol.
Definitely retaining water, look like a sausage in a casing. Weight gain more dramatic than Solu Medrol.
No “roid rage” or insomnia

March 14, 2012 at 4:26 pm
(24) Brian says:

My neurologist prescribed Acthar for treating my relapse when the oral steroids didn’t work. The cost ($32,000+) was high and felt pretty uncomfortable with it even though insurance paid for for most of it. I think it helped, but not 100% sure. The third day I took it, my heart started pounding fast and heavy and concerned me quite a bit. Won’t take it again.

March 15, 2012 at 6:44 am
(25) Mark R. Jones says:

I would like to share my experience when using ACTH. In the late 1980′s I was on this numerous times for short-term treatments. Not used for years. Then a new Neuro I had started me back on it and I remained on it for over one year. From what I heard since that time it is meant for short term use only. End result, being so overloaded with the ACTH I had a serious Endocrinological imbalance occur. In the Emergency Room they had extreme difficulty arousing me and getting me to breath. Large volumes of Respiratory meds were given which should have stimulated me to breath again–finally I did start breathing agtheain, yet still unable to become aroused or coherant. Another serious result of over-doing the ACTH dosing I developed CardioMyopathy. The heart carth identified my heart being in the condition of 30 years older than my age. My ejection fraction was down to 27% of normal ourtput. With good fortune, I had gotten an excellent Cardiologist who was able to reverse the damage done to my heart by the ACTH. My heart is fine now. But there were a couple of very excruciating time coping with the fact the Neuro was oblivious to the proper dosing schedule for ACTH. Please, I urge anybody who is considering taking ACTH to do their own investigation on dosing and duration recommended for using the medication. Unless the formulation of ACTH has changed since the 1990′s, it was a refridgerated GEL substance that had to be warmed in order for it to become thin encough substance to allow a syrine needle to draw it out of the vial. It is somewhat thicker substance than rubber cement–something to consider when choosing on an injectable MS treatment.

March 15, 2012 at 1:45 pm
(26) Janeen says:

I used Acthar gel for a relapse last fall and it worked really well for me. It is now approved for subcutaneous injections and no longer has to be IM injections. It could be injected into stomach or thighs. I used it for 5 days and it really helped my relapse. I also have dystonia secondary to MS and my dystonia symptoms worsen when I am having a relapse. Since Acthar also helps severe muscle spasms it was very helpful for me. My only side effects were difficulty sleeping. Otherwise I found it to be much easier on me than Solu-Medrol.

March 15, 2012 at 3:09 pm
(27) Sheryll says:

This is my first day on Achtar Gel. This is also my first time self injecting. I have a wonderful AARNP and she has been trying to help relieve my symptoms. I have PPMS and appear to be spiraling on a slow ride to a scooter. I will let all know how it goes. I do need some relief. It is starting to irritate me to all levels and if this works I will attempt to go back to work.. I also live in Florida and today was the first day that the heat has been affecting me. I cant turn on the AC until its stifling. Cant afford it….Wish me luck!!!

March 16, 2012 at 4:06 am
(28) Gene says:

I used acthar last week for 3 days, on the second day I injected myself while working, doing physical labor. I had buckled to the ground in pain from weakness to my legs and back, went into my truck injected myself in the thigh, came out and was fine the rest of the day, no pain, no weakness. I did notice I was easily agitated though but I was thankful it got me through that particular job. Not sure unless I was in bad straits whether I’d use it again, I’m on too many meds as it is.
By the way, it was easy to inject with no needle sting or soreness or redness at the injection site. Hope this medicine works for all of you who may need it. Good Luck!

April 11, 2012 at 6:23 pm
(29) wendy says:

My neuro prescribed me a 5 dose of ACTHAR after two 3 day rounds of Sol-u-medrol didn’t doa thing for my relapse. She wanted to do the iViG but my insurance denied it. The ACTHAR didn’t touch my relapse (I have been in it since beginning of Nov. end of Oct). It did make me gain 8 pounds–much of it in my face. I lloked like I had a pumpkin sitting on my neck. Not impressed.

April 14, 2012 at 12:50 am
(30) Rachael says:

I have been on Actuary monthly for about a year now for severe MS spacticity. This is the only med that has worked for me. I can bend my legs after using it. But stiffen up when I am not on it. My legs are straight out on front of me. Can’t walk at all without Acthar, but when on it I can walk, drive and pretty much do everything normal. It has been a miracle, life saver for me. I don’t know what I’d do without it. Solumedrol did nothing for me. If you have the chance yo try Acthar don’t hesitate at all!!! I hope your experience will be as life changing as mine.

May 18, 2012 at 4:11 pm
(31) Bea says:

I’ve done my second shot today but can’t tell any change yet. I have 3 more shots.

July 18, 2012 at 2:44 am
(32) Simone says:

I took my first injection of this Acthar Gel today. My neurologist prescribed this after the Solu-Medrol did not work. I actually got worse with new and progressing symptoms. I never heard of this drug until my neuro brought it up, but I hope it works.

August 20, 2012 at 2:02 pm
(33) Elaine says:

I was just prescribed Acthar Gel injections by my neurologist for 5 days for an exacerbation. I had taken Solu-Medrol before and didn’t work well and lots if side effects including weight LOSS. Doc said this had less side effects and will probably help me. I had a trial dose on Friday and now waiting for Med to come in mail. I read that it works by stimulating your body to produce your own naturally occuring anti-inflammatory hormone. I was feeling better Saturday and Sunday and not so well now on Monday. Hoping to come in mail soon and that it will work for me.

September 8, 2012 at 12:45 pm
(34) J.Rafael G. says:

I had to leave medical pracice last year, after MS caught with me.I have been with the diagnosis since 1999. I have been on Avonex, Copaxone briefly and Rebif now. I have gone the Solumedrol route, which helped initially but is not as helpful anymore. I think I am SPMS now although my Neurologist has recommended Acthar. There is nothing approved for SPMS. I have concerns with Cushinoid symptoms since I don’t know how long the drug stays in your system. Any experience with it?

September 8, 2012 at 12:50 pm
(35) J.Rafael G. says:

I had to leave medical pracice last year, after MS caught with me.I have been with the diagnosis since 1999. I have been on Avonex, Copaxone briefly and Rebif now. I have gone the Solumedrol route, which helped initially but is not as helpful anymore. I think I am SPMS now although my Neurologist has recommended Acthar. There is nothing approved for SPMS. I have concerns with Cushinoid symptoms since I don’t know how long the drug stays in your system. Any experience with it regarding these effects.

October 27, 2012 at 8:45 pm
(36) Sharon says:

I think many people have not heard of Achtar for MS because it is considered a second line therapy and is only used for people who have side effects while taking steroids or for people that steroids don’t really help. It was abandoned many years ago because steroids became so popular. Docs are realizing now that steroids don’t help everyone. I have been hearing remarkable stories.

December 21, 2012 at 3:34 pm
(37) Rick hays says:

I’m in the prosses of my second round of acthar.My first time I only took a five day dose which I felt helped me get over whatever I was going through. Now I’m in the middle of a 15 day dose.NOt sure how it’s effecting me but I’ve noticed a few side effects. I’ll try to keep in touch.

Good luck,Rick

December 22, 2012 at 2:13 am
(38) Karen says:

Have SPMS 18 yrs. Last August prescribed Acthar for 2 weeks. During the 2 week period I watched my sodium and sugar intake and I didn’t have much weight gain like with Solumedrol & Prednisone. I had some coughing & swallowing problems that improved. Not much improvement otherwise. Cost was 23k per vial, 5 shots per vial so in 2 weeks used 3 vials for a grand total of 69k. I am into catastrophic coverage so I just have to meet deductible. Still it is very expensive for the little bit of improvement I saw. Post injection I immediately gained 15+ lbs & had post menopausal spotting. I can’t seem to get this stuff out of my system. I cannot get the weight to budge & an ultrasound showed signs of ovulation again. I am 51! Acthar was easier for me to tolerate than Solumedrol & Prednisone, but not sure it was worth the aftereffects.

January 21, 2013 at 6:01 pm
(39) Sandy says:

I am currently trying this for my 5th replapse in 7 months. I did solu-medrol infusions X3days for two replapses, did prednisone by oral for another one. I’ve been on aubagio for a month and am trying the subcutaneous ACTH gel injections for a week. They are helping. I get the same cortisone side-effects though but it’s easier than going in for daily IV infusions and less costly.

April 20, 2013 at 8:29 pm
(40) tony hodges says:

I think it is great.

April 21, 2013 at 3:04 pm
(41) margaret says:

My doctor prescribed acthar gel for my NMO I get Optic Neuritis and Solumedrol does not work
PROS works fast I am seeing a lot clearer
CONS headache rapid heart rate eye pressure some chest pain increased appetite

April 24, 2013 at 5:19 pm
(42) Shelley says:

Very excited about this form of treatment. Had solumedrol treatments gained 80 lbs each time. Too old to get that weight off now! Prednisone gain weight too.

Having leg that will not bend. While I can still put other one behind my head ha ha! I want the other one to at least let me get up the step without a screech involuntary coming out of my mouth. Yikes!

I thought it was tight muscles. Then I thought, back cracker could fix. Well, shucks – it’s spasticity ?a MS problem – so I pray that much like others, I too will find great results.

May 18, 2013 at 2:59 am
(43) debbie says:

I’m on my third injection been in a rehab center for three weeks. Ins first denied claim, then ins approved it, then had come up with co payment..well I feel different, no pain waiting for more movement .

May 18, 2013 at 7:51 pm
(44) McKenna says:

I am a newly diagnosed MS patient, with in the last month. I was admitted to the hospital with numbness through out my entire upper torso, front and back.. including both hands and arms. My dexterity was diminishing, by the next day I could not use my legs. They put me on a solu medrol drip, which didn’t help at all. Once I was dc’d from the hospital, and set up with a neuro; he prescribed me Acthar. It took forever to come in the mail. My insurance covered all but 60 bucks of it, and considering how expensive it is, that’s amazing. With in a week I went from not being able to even move my fingers, to being able to hold a pencil… but the end of my two week regimen I was able to write, walk fine and go about my daily activities with out any help from my significant other. I know they say you can’t go by other people’s stories when it comes to MS, but I promise you, this was the miracle drug for me. It took away ninety percent of my numbness and gave me my writing hand back. I month ago I wouldn’t have been able to even type on this blog, but today is a different story.

June 5, 2013 at 3:24 pm
(45) Carey says:

I just finished oral steroids than 3 days of IV steroids with NO relief from my severe double vision. My dr. Is talking about trying this but scared to death of side effects. If it will help my vision I think I will endure just about anything. This is my first relapse in 6 years and am very frustrated. No other symptoms. Any feedback would be great!

October 19, 2013 at 4:35 am
(46) Kim says:

I was dx in 1992. I would be in the hospital for 7-8 days with the first 3 days with IV solu-medrol every 6 hours then IV ACTH over night for the next 4 then would be sent home with oral prednisone to taper off my dosage. I didn’t care much about going into the hospital but I have to say it did help a lot. There did come a time when they could not get ACTH so we had to use other alternatives. Really glad to hear that it is available again.

October 22, 2013 at 4:51 pm
(47) Gina says:

I was first diagnosed with ms in 1960 with several exacerbations to follow and then after the birth of my first child in 1969, I had a major exacerbation and was unable to stand or even turn over in bed. The first week in the hospital, I was put in a w/c and told to get used to it as I probably wouldn’t improve much. Then the neuro put me on an IV of ACTH and within 3 days I was walking. I continued shots of ACTH at home for the next 16 years (except during my 2nd pregnancy) with never an exacerbation. Before he retired in 1985, my neuro had me get an MRI which he said showed only one small lesion. I never followed up with another neuro until 2000 when my hands went numb. An MRI showed many many lesions and I was put on Rebif. I sure wished ACTH had again been an option (it had cost about $20 a vial when I was on it.) The numbness went away, but my walking started to deteriorate and I have had to use a walker since 2006, but really no other symptoms. I imagine I’ll need a w/c soon, but don’t mind that as much at 76 as I did at 23.

November 10, 2013 at 4:45 pm
(48) Ann says:

Hello
I have having my first ms attack since sept 28 when I woke up with pins and needles from waists down. Did 5 days of iv sudo and 5 days oral pred with no relieve. On my 9 th shot of 15 of acthar and have had no improvement. What should I try if this does not work? I’m gaining wait and feeling helpless. Will numbness ever go away

January 7, 2014 at 12:24 pm
(49) Mayokia Fowler says:

Iím working on a project for a client that is conducting a survey about specialty drugs. We are interested in speaking to patients about their experience with Acthar Gel. My client would be interested in speaking with you for no more than 30 minutes. If you are interested, please send me your email and/or phone number. There is no pay involved. Thank you.

Mayokia Fowler
mayokiafowler@gmail.com

January 7, 2014 at 2:20 pm
(50) Mayokia Fowler says:

UPDATED:

Iím conducting a survey about specialty drugs used to treat multiple sclerosis. We are interested in speaking to patients about their experience with various medications, with an emphasis on Acthar Gel. I am interested in speaking with patients for 20-30 minutes. If you are interested, please send me your email and/or phone number. Thank you.

Mayokia Fowler
mayokiafowler@gmail.com

January 28, 2014 at 12:02 pm
(51) Research Assistance says:

Hello,
I am conducting a short survey for patients who have taken H.P. Acthar Gel. The survey is part of a project focusing on specialty drugs, being conducted on behalf of one of my clients. We are evaluating the efficacy of the drug and are very much interested in hearing about what patients have to say about the drug.

To be clear, all information from this survey will not be published, sold or otherwise shared beyond this client. Moreover, as a regulated entity, we adhere to strict laws and regulations.

January 28, 2014 at 12:03 pm
(52) Research Assistance says:

Hello,
If you are currently using or have used this drug in the past and are interested in participating, please visit the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Actharpatientsurvey.