UPDATE: Whew! I have spent several hours going through all of the links that were sent to me and think I got most of them in one place. Scroll to the end of this blog to see the links that I retrieved from e-mails and read the comments section to see what others have sent in. I did my best to eliminate duplicates, but left the comments intact, so there may be repeats there. Thank you again for all of your assistance. Keep 'em coming.
ORIGINAL POST: I have heard from many MSers that feel that there is a strange silence in the US around chronic cerebrospinal venous insufficiency (aka CCSVI) and its potential role in MS.
While I really don't like to dabble in conspiracy theories, I'll admit that the lack of information on CCSVI in mainstream media in the US is a little odd. Rather than engaging in conjecture about why that may be, I thought it would be a good idea to try to gather the stories and articles that we can find on different aspects of CCSVI and MS in one place.
I need your help. I'll get the ball rolling by posting the links to my short articles and blogs, but I would love it if anyone with other interesting links would post them in the comments box. I want everything - personal experiences, blogs, positive reports, negative coverage, all of it...
A couple of things: 1) please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know you've posted a comment if you don't see it appear within 24 hours (so that I can fish it out of the spam filter, which grabs things with more than a couple of external links); 2) please resend any information that you may have already sent me (for the same reason).
Thanks in advance.
Here are my articles and blogs on CCSVI to get us started:
- What is CCSVI in Multiple Sclerosis?
- What Causes CCSVI?
- CCSVI Presented in an Elegant and Thoughtful Way
- CCSVI Treatment Reports from Patients
UPDATE: Here are some of the links that you have submitted to me by e-mail:
- Controversial Approach to Treating MS (ABC News, San Francisco)
- Petition to the Prime Minister to Make CCSVI Procedure Available in the UK
- Brain blood vessels clue to MS (BBC News)
- Information About Buffalo Neuroimaging Analysis Center (including info on upcoming studies on CCSVI and CCSVI diagnostic testing)
- BNAC CCSVI Newsletter: Volume 1, Issue 1
- Italian doctor heightens interest in MS cause (CBC, with mention of possible upcoming Canadian trial)