1. Health
Julie  Stachowiak, Ph.D.

Find a Neurologist Specializing in MS in Your Area

By October 31, 2007

The Consortium of Multiple Sclerosis Centers is an organization with an inspiring mission: "To be the preeminent professional organization for Multiple Sclerosis healthcare providers and researchers in North America, and a valued partner in the global MS community. Our core purpose is to maximize the ability of MS healthcare providers to impact care of people who are affected by MS, thus improving their quality of life."

Sounds pretty good to me (a whole group of people who want to improve my quality of life and all). To help you find one of these doctors (who wants to improve your quality of life) the CMSC has a Directory of Centers that you can go to to find a neurologist specializing in MS in your area. This is a great place to start. Trust me, when you are looking for a new neuro (or even just a second opinion) is not a time to get out the Yellow Pages... Happy doc shopping.

Comments
July 24, 2009 at 4:21 pm
(1) Alicia Spiegel says:

I linked to the Directory of Centers referenced above – you can see pg 1 of 168 pages, however, it appears impossible for pgs 2- 168 to show up. I may be moving from Illinois to Florida and it is very important that I find a good neurologist specializing in MS.

January 26, 2011 at 8:51 pm
(2) jerry says:

want an excellent neurologist for MS in Florida? Try Dr. John Susac or Dr. Delgado in WinterHaven , Florida

August 5, 2009 at 1:01 pm
(3) Emily says:

I had exactly the same proble. page one is displayer, but no way to go beyond that

December 1, 2009 at 7:21 pm
(4) Wanda says:

same thing, just the first page shows.

March 13, 2010 at 4:32 pm
(5) Jo says:

I too can’t get past the first page. How do we contact you?

January 27, 2011 at 11:19 am
(6) Mary Ann Hanna says:

I moved to Hilton Head Island SC for Virginia where I had excellent care at the Adult Neurology Center, Univ Of VA Med. School. I am having a real problem finding a neurologist specializing in MS in SC. I cannot get this referral site to open at all. I have very mild MS, but want to stay as healthy as I am. Will appreciate any doctor referrals anyone can pass on.

March 7, 2011 at 1:56 pm
(7) Anonymous says:

If you click on the MEMBERSHIP icon first then to CENTER DIRECTORY at the bottom the MEMBERSHIP list, you will be able to choose by country then state .
Be sure to choose country first or the dropdown for the state won’t come in .

Here is direct link :

March 7, 2011 at 1:58 pm
(8) Anonymous says:

Can anyone recommend a neurologist specializing in MS diagnosis and management in the NY CT area ?

May 6, 2011 at 8:54 pm
(9) Yana says:

Dr. Brian Apatoff – He was named NY Best Neurologist-MS every year since god knows when.

He is absolutely the best.

March 17, 2011 at 10:46 am
(10) Jo says:

I see Dr Joseph Guarnaccia in Drby CT. He is the head of the ms Treatment Center at Griffin Hosp. He also works with Yale New Haven Hosp. Real nice, but is quiet. If you ask ?’s he’ll answer in real words. Good Luck

June 24, 2011 at 9:07 am
(11) Kim says:

My aunt has just been diagnosed with MS. Does anyone know of a good specialist in the Houston area? Thanks for any help you can give

August 9, 2011 at 1:31 pm
(12) Sheila Sanford says:

Dr. Wolinsky or Dr. Brod – UT Medical Specialists @ Memorial Herman in the Medical Center.

September 19, 2011 at 10:41 pm
(13) Jennifer says:

I was looking for a doctor that specializes in MS in or around Bethlehem PA

October 28, 2011 at 10:45 pm
(14) Connie says:

My daughter is looking for a good MS specialist in Tucson, AZ. The link you suggest comes up as error. Can you suggest someone?
thanks a lot,
Connie in AZ

January 23, 2012 at 5:43 am
(15) spaxfreeple says:

These are actually wonderful ideas in regarding blogging. You have touched some good things here. Any way keep up wrinting.

March 20, 2012 at 4:07 am
(16) jeux mahjong gratuit says:

What a pleasant YouTube video it is! Remarkable, I liked it, and I am sharing this YouTube video with all my friends.

September 10, 2012 at 1:38 pm
(17) Matt says:

I saw Dr. John Susac mentioned earlier, as a great neurologist in Florida. Unfortunately, when called to make an appointment, I found out that he had recently passed away (r.i.p). Can anyone else recommended a good neurologist, based on your own experiences, anywhere in Florida that specializes in MS? I am not opposed to traveling for great healthcare. Thank you in advance.
Matt

November 1, 2012 at 12:49 am
(18) karin says:

I was diagnosed with ms. I live in ventura county calif. I need a physician neurologist that specializes in the treatment of ms.

July 19, 2013 at 11:28 pm
(19) Jfarris says:

my sister recently has told me of a lady in the Philippines who has not been diagnosed very long with MS and yet has really deteriorated, due to no neurological help/therapy/symptom drugs – does anybody have a direction to go internationally to find a doctor for this lady, or should she go to the U.S. for help – she has a relative here in the states.